Connect with us

Boab Metals (Sorby Hills)

Our Commission

Discover more about the Kimberley Development Commission.
Boab Metals' Sorby Hills project near Kununurra.

Boab Metals’ Sorby Hills silver-lead-zinc project is located 50km from the regional centre of Kununurra. The tenement hosts extensive lead and silver resources, which are key metals for a low-carbon future. The Sorby Hills project has the potential to provide significant job opportunities for the local community of Kununurra as well as the broader Kimberley.

Boab Metals is a Western Australian based development and exploration company focused on developing the Sorby Hills base metals project in Western Australia.

With environmental approvals already in place and located in close proximity to Kununurra, the project is aptly supported by established infrastructure including port facilities, allowing for fast tracked production.

Sorby Hills has existing sealed roads to transport concentrate from site to the facilities at Wyndham Port, a distance of 150km.

Boab Metals Limited has 75% share of the project, with the remaining 25% held by Henan Yuguang Gold Lead Co Ltd.  Henan Yuguang is China’s largest lead smelting enterprise and largest silver producer.


Following outstanding drilling success and a recent resource update (44.9 million tonnes at 4.3 per cent lead equivalent [3.2 per cent lead, 37 grams per tonne silver] and 0.5 per cent zinc), this project is edging closer to development.

Representatives from NAIF and several Australian and international commercial banks have recently conducted a site visit at Sorby Hills and have noted the significant positive impact the project will have on the local community.

To stay updated with this project click here

For more information on the project visit Boab Metals website

Useful Links

Invest In the Kimberley

The Kimberley boasts many progressive, vibrant and promising industries with large potential for future growth.

Annual Report

Ensuring the transparency and accountability for the Kimberley Development Commission.

Our Region

The Kimberley is a complex landscape that represents one sixth of Western Australia’s land mass; equivalent to twice the size of Victoria.

Local Content

Our Local Content Advisor will help develop, promote and maximise opportunities in the regions.


Stay up to date with the latest Kimberley news

Skip to content