The State Government's Kimberley Science and Conservation Strategy is aimed at protecting the region's natural and cultural heritage while allowing the region to fulfil its economic potential.
The top 5 strategy outcomes are:
- Establish Kimberley Wilderness Parks
- A new landscape approach to conservation to manage fire,introduced animals and weeds
- Training and employment for Aboriginal rangers
- Investing in knowledge and making information accessible
- A major boost to nature-based tourism
The Department of Environment and Conservation is the lead agenecy in progressing the Strategy.